Friday 12 October 2012

"All Glory to Him . . ."


My last blog entry, “Educators Are Change Makers,” was written with the knowledge that many of our PCA alumni have indeed moved into key positions of influence and are making a mark in the business, church, health care, legal and educational and other sectors of society. Missionaries, doctors, church leaders, journalists are among the individuals which come to mind – people who are making outstanding contributions to society and to the work of God’s kingdom.
So it was with a heightened sense of gratification that, just this week, one of our staff members shared a note she’d received from another of our graduates who is completing her studies in nursing at a nearby university. She writes: “University has been a huge learning curve, but I praise God for breaking me down constantly, and loving me enough to put me into a position to recognize my utter need for Him. Nursing has been a huge blessing and I love that program immensely. My patients are my life, and I strive to be the best that I can be - not just for them, but in order to shine for Christ. All the glory to Him - more and more and more.”
The investment that parents and teachers make in preparing young lives such as this for adulthood cannot be compared to the value of the returns. The resulting positive impact in the culture and the immense kingdom value of a life devoted to the cause of Christ cannot be measured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment